Protein is the most critical component of our bodies. The body uses protein to build and repair tissues. We also need protein to make hormones, enzymes, and other body chemicals. Protein is an essential building block of bones, skin, muscles, cartilage, and blood.
In addition to fats and carbohydrates, proteins are an essential “macronutrient” that our body needs in large amounts. Unlike fats and carbs, our body cannot store protein. Therefore, our body has no reservoir to draw when it needs a new supply of protein. Most people depend on animal products to fulfill their protein needs, but everybody is not a meat eater. Killing animals to satisfy our protein needs or taste buds is not the only option. After all, animals also have the right to live freely in this world. That’s the reason many companies have come up with plant-based protein options. One such company is Morningstar. Morningstar produces 100% plant-based protein. Today, we are going to review their products for you.
Scroll down to read the full review……
I. MorningStar – Background
Started in 1975 by Worthington Foods, Morningstar, has been in the market for over 45 years. It is a US based plant-based protein producing company. The brand has been making and innovating better-for-you, better-for-the-planet veggie foods since its inception. Morningstar plant-based protein is meant for everyone and every occasion. The company provides its customers with uncompromisingly delicious vegetarian and plant protein; thereby making it the best choice for its customers in America.
Morningstar Farms was started to create plant-based meat so that more vegan options could be offered to meat lovers. The company wanted to make plant-based eating more accessible by giving its customers the freedom to create unique and flavorful 100% plant-based favorites. It also focuses on protecting our planet by reducing water waste, land usage, and carbon emission associated with egg production. The company also produces some of America’s most loved and most eaten plant-based foods. At Morningstar, you can get everything from pulled pork to corn dogs and burgers to bacon.
II. Ingredients Used by MorningStar
Morningstar’s products are made from a signature mix of pea, soy, and rice proteins. The plant-based protein from Morningstar can be used in making several delicious food items. The company uses all-natural ingredients to produce its plant-based proteins. Morningstar Farms delivers approximately 90 million pounds of plant-based protein to people all over the US annually. The company markets its brand as the first meat-alternative product tried by US consumers, and the plant-based protein brand with the highest consumer repeat rate.
III. MorningStar Product Range
Morningstar creates and manufactures a variety of protein-based food products using all-natural and vegan ingredients. Morningstar’s vegan product offering consists of the meatless burger patties, original bratwurst, 100% plant-based Italian sausages, chick’n nuggets, plant-based ground, and many more. These meatless plant-based food items taste like you are eating the real thing!
Morningstar offers a vast range of 100% plant-based meatless products that taste like real meat. This means you can now enjoy the real thing without killing any animal. Morningstar products are now available at retailers nationwide.
IV. Why You Should Use MorningStar
As I said earlier, protein is the building block and one of the essential components for our body. Per day we all need at least 45 grams of protein to maintain good health. However, protein requirements vary based on age and gender. Undoubtedly, non-vegetarian foods are high in proteins, but eating animals has adverse effects on our minds and souls. Sacrificing an animal to satisfy our bodily needs is not wise. Hence, the best way to fulfill our daily protein requirements is to choose plant-based proteins. Morningstar is one of the best plant-based producers. All the ingredients they use to produce protein are natural and vegan.
V. MorningStar Meatless Recipe
You can use Morningstar plant-based protein to make delicious recipes. Here we are sharing with you one of the best Morningstar recipes.
Black Bean & Roasted Poblano Enchiladas
This is one of the easiest and quickest recipes that you can make for any party or serve as a snack. You need just 5 ingredients to make these mouthwatering enchiladas. Here is the recipe:
- fresh poblano chilies – 3
- Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers -3
- shredded monterey Jack cheese – 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.)
- red enchilada sauce – 2 1/4 cups
- 6 inches corn tortillas – 12
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Take a shallow baking pan and place poblanos in it. Broil until skin is charred. Remove them from the broiler. Once cool, peel, deseed, and chop.
2. Cook Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to the directions given on package. Finely chop burgers. Take a bowl combine burger, poblanos, 3/4 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
3. Stack tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave at high for 1 minute. Now, spoon about 1/4 cup of the burger mixture on each tortilla. Tightly roll-up. Arrange them with seam side down in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Now, pour 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of filled tortillas. Cover tortillas with foil. Bake tortillas at 400°F for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take out tortillas, remove foil and sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Again, bake at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Meanwhile, take a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave the remaining 3/4 cup enchilada sauce at high about 1 minute or until hot. Sprinkle enchiladas with cilantro. Serve hot with enchilada sauce on the side. AND YOU ARE DONE!
Change Is A Good Thing!
By opting for plant-based protein products, you will improve your physical and mental health and mitigate climate change. Believe it or not, plant-based proteins are as healthy and tasty as the meaty proteins. Most who try plant-based protein claim that they could never even tell that it was not actual meat. Plant-based protein taste like the real thing. Give it a try! Our animal kingdom and your body will thank you for making such a SMART CHOICE!
What is your favorite Morningstar product? Leave a comment below……